Singing godly music in a Christ-uplifting way is a magnificent talent to use for God. If you enjoy singing, and God has blessed you with a singing talent, we encourage you to enter our vocal competition. Whether as a soloist or in a singing group, music competition is a fun and exciting way to gain experience and strengthen talents that can be used for God.
- Soloists competing in the Varsity competition will perform one memorized piece not to exceed 5 minutes in performance time. Competitors in the Jr. Varsity competition do not need to memorize their piece.
- All pieces should be sacred or patriotic. Contemporary christian music, “Christian” rock, jazz, country, or any music with elements of the above will be disqualified.
- Original arrangements will be accepted if written out and performed as written.
- No soloist may perform the same selection in two consecutive years.
- Each contestant shall provide his own accompanist. Taped accompaniments will not be allowed. Contestants should not be their own accompanist. If an accompanist is needed, please contact us no less than one month in advance.
- Three copies of the music must be provided for the judges with measures numbered, beginning with the first full measure. The director or student must submit these to the judges at performance time.
- No extreme or unnecessary body movement or choreography will be permitted.